Have you been hearing a lot about geothermal systems lately, but aren’t sure exactly what they are or why you should care? Look no further. Our AGL Heating & Air team of HVAC contractors has compiled a straightforward guide to Geothermal systems and their benefits so you have the information you need to make an informed decision on the type of HVAC system that is right for you.
Geothermal systems offer an alternate method of heating and cooling a home versus the traditional HVAC methodology. The concept behind a geothermal system involves harnessing the earth’s natural temperature underground to facilitate temperature control. Although the temperature above ground may change drastically throughout the seasons, the temperature underground stays relatively constant. A Geothermal HVAC System takes advantage of this consistency through the process of heat exchange. Geothermal energy is the smarter way to heat and cool your home or business.
So what specifically are the benefits of a geothermal system compared to a traditional HVAC system? Check out our breakdown of the top 5 benefits of a geothermal system below:
- Geothermal HVAC Systems are more efficient. The WaterFurnace geothermal system can use just one unit of electrical energy to extract five units, four of which come from the ground. You’ll be taking advantage of an energy source right below your feet! Why is this important? When you have an HVAC system that functions more efficiently, your monthly heating and air conditioning bills go down.
- Geothermal systems are better for the environment. These systems do not produce greenhouse gases, such as carbon dioxide. They do not emit carbon monoxide or use any fossil fuels either. As such the government will reward you for your ecological consciousness when you implement a Geothermal system (see #3).
- You can get federal and state tax credits when using a Geothermal System. To assist in covering the up-front cost of a geothermal unit, both federal and state governments provide aid. At the federal level, you can claim a credit for 30% of the costs associated with purchasing and installing this unit. Learn more about the tax credits available.
- Geothermal systems have a longer lifespan than traditional HVAC units. Geothermal systems have an average lifespan of over 24 years compared to the traditional HVAC systems’ 15.
- They require less maintenance, saving the consumer money. Geothermal systems malfunction significantly less than ordinary HVAC systems, which keeps money in your pocket.
Added Bonus: They’re quieter AND embraced by the EPA!
AGL installs industry-leading WaterFurnace Geothermal systems with an earth loop underground that either draws heat into the house or pushes it away. WaterFurnace has built a reputation on their cutting-edge geothermal technology, superior products and a devoted customer support. If you would like to learn more about how a geothermal system could be right for you, contact AGL Heating & Air today.